- How do I start my own LINE Creators Market account?
You must register as a creator in order to sell your stickers and themes on LINE Creators Market. Follow the steps below to create your account.
1. Click Register Here
on the LINE Creators Market page and log in using the email address and password registered to your LINE account.
2. Enter the required details into the form to register as a creator.
3. A confirmation message will be sent to the email address registered to your new creators account.
4. Click the URL in the message to complete the registration process.
5. Log in again to go to My Page.
- I don't have a LINE account. Can I still use LINE Creators Market?
You must have a LINE account in order to register as a creator. There is no charge for creating an account or using LINE. If you have not created a LINE account, please install the LINE app on your smartphone or other mobile device.
- Do I have to pay to register with the Creators Market?
There is no charge for registering as a creator with LINE Creators Market. Anyone with a LINE account can register.
- Can I use my LINE@ account or LINE official account to register with Creators Market?
- No. You cannot use your LINE@ or LINE official account to register with LINE Creators Market.
- For companies, is account registration for the Creators Market done through LINE Partners?
We do not take requests to create LINE Creators Market accounts through LINE Partners. Click the "Register Here" link at the top of the LINE Creators Market page to create an account.
- I own my own business. Which type of business should I select?
If you own your own business, please select Individual and enter the name of your business or the name of the owner in the field for Company Name.
If you need to change you business type after registering, please contact us here.
- Are there any requirements for selling stickers?
Anyone can create their own account with LINE Creators Market. It doesn't matter if you're a casual artist, veteran illustrator, working for yourself, or working for a company. Minors must receive their parent or guardian's permission before confirming the details in the terms and conditions and registering a creators account
A LINE account is required in order to join LINE Creators Market.
After joining LINE Creators Market, in order to sell stickers you must have the following:
If you live in Japan - a Japanese bank account or a LINE Pay
If you live outside of Japan - a Paypal Business or Premier account.
- Why can't I log in to My Page on LINE Creators Market?
- The email address used to log in is the address registered to your LINE account. The email address set in My Page is for correspondence use.
If you enter the wrong email address or password, you will not be able to log in for a certain amount of time. Please wait a while if you cannot log in before trying again.
For more information about the recommended system requirements for LINE Creators Market, please see the article “What are the recommended system requirements for LINE Creators Market?” in the FAQ.
- Why did I receive a notification on LINE from the LINE Creators Market account?
When you sign up for LINE Creators Market, this account will automatically be added as a friend for the purpose of sending you updates. It will send you notifications for things, such as the status of stickers and themes you submitted for review and monthly revenue share, to your registered LINE account.
This account cannot be blocked or deleted. However, you can turn OFF notifications from the in-chat menu.
Note: Auto reply is not supported.
- I received a chat notification saying I have logged in to a smartphone.
As of April 8 2015, a new feature has been added to send a chat notification to your LINE account if you log in to LINE Creators Market.
If you do not recall logging into LINE Creators Market, it is possible a third party has used your email address and password to log in.
If you receive a chat notification but have not logged in, please check the information below:
1. If you can still use your LINE account
It is possible a third party attempted to fraudulently log into your LINE Creators Market account from a different device. If this is the case, please change your password immediately.
Refer to the following articles on how to change your password.
For iOS, Android, WindowsPhone, and FirefoxOS users click here
2. If you cannot use your LINE account
It is possible a third party is using your LINE account.
If you log in on the smartphone you have been using for your LINE account within 24 hours of receiving the chat notification, you will be able to access your LINE account again.
To log in, please follow the steps below:
1. Start the LINE app
2. Tap Log in or "LINE User Log in"
3. Enter the email address and password verified to your LINE account, or sign in to the linked Facebook account, then tap Confirm
Please change your password immediately after logging in.
- In which countries can I sell my stickers and themes?
Items are available for sale in the following countries.
Sticker/Theme shop in the LINE app
All 230 countries and regions where LINE is available.
Available in all countries except Mainland China.
If you wish to limit the countries the item is available in, please select ""Distribute only in selected regions"" and select the countries.
Creators stickers were at first only available in four countries; Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan and Thailand, however as of June 23, 2014 we have expanded the list to the above.
For stickers submitted prior to June 23, 2014, if you have selected ""Distribute in all available regions"", the available countries have automatically been changed to all 230 countries.
- Can I set my own prices for my stickers and themes?
You can set the price of your stickers and themes from any of the following five pricing options.
The revenue amounts will vary, depending on the three payment methods used for the purchase.
Pricing options for Stickers
Pricing options for animated stickers
Pricing options for Themes
Payments for purchases made with LINE Coins are converted into earnings using a conversion rate determined by LINE Corporation. The conversion rate for LINE Coins may differ depending on the purchase date. For purchases up to April 30, 2015, 1 Coin = JPY 1.47. For purchases from May 1, 2015 1 Coin = JPY 1.76.
Foreign currency earnings may contain fractions due to currency conversion rates.
- Can I select how many stickers are in a set?
You can select how many stickers will be in one set from the options below. Please be aware that you will not be able to change the amount of stickers in a set after submitting it for review.
Stickers (non-animated): 8, 16, 24, 32, 40
Animated stickers: 8, 16, 24
- What size should my sticker images be?
Please refer to the following guidelines when creating images for your stickers:
Number of images: 1
Number of images: 8, 16, 24, 32, or 40
Size: Between 80-370 × 80-320 per sticker
Note: Stickers will automatically be re-sized. Please make sure all of the dimensions are even numbers.
Chats tab image
Number of images: 1
Number of images: 1
Animated sticker images
Number of images: 8, 16, or 24
Size: 320×270 max for each sticker
Note: If either the length or the width exceeds 270 pixels, you can create the image in landscape or portrait.
E.g. 270×100, or 100×270
Chats tab image
Number of images: 1
- Can I use previously created illustrations for animated stickers?
- Yes, you can use the illustrations of previously created stickers that are already on sale to create animated stickers.
- Can I sell time limited stickers and themes?
The creator can stop selling their stickers and themes whenever they wish. Please note that users who have purchased the stickers and themes will continue to be able to use them.
- Can I sell multiple stickers and themes on the same LINE account?
There is no limit to the number of stickers and themes you can sell. You can register and sell as many stickers and themes as you like.
- Can I change or edit stickers currently on sale?
Sticker images cannot be changed or edited once they have passed the review process. Please double check your stickers before submitting them.
- Do you have a guideline on creating themes?
- Yes, please see the Theme Guideline.
- What are the required images sizes for themes?
The following are the image sizes required (all measurements are in pixels):
Menu button image: W 128 x H 150 (iOS) W 128 x H 112 (Android)
Menu background image: W 1472 x H 150 (iOS) W 640 x H 112 (Android)
Passcode image: W 120 x H 120 (iOS) W 116 x H 116 (Android)
Profile image (individuals/groups): W 240 x H 240 (iOS) W 247 x H 247 (Android)
Chat room background image: W 1482 x H 1334 (iOS) W 1300 x H 1300 (Android)
Splash image (background): W 1300 x H 1300 (Android only)
Splash image (logo + picture): W 480 x H 720 (Android only)
- Can I sell themes if I don't sell stickers?
- Yes, you can sell themes only.
- Can I use sticker illustrations for themes?
- Yes, you can.
- Can I sell a separate theme with the same illustration but a different color scheme?
- No, you cannot sell a theme where you have only changed the color scheme. In order to sell a new theme, you are required to provide a theme with all new illustrations.
- What languages can I use to display information about my stickers and themes?
LINE Store supports the following 12 languages for displaying sticker and theme titles, descriptions, and creator names.
- English (required)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
The language which has been set will be displayed for customers visiting the store based on the language settings on their device. If your stickers do not have a translation for the language, English will be displayed by default.
- What are the recommended system requirements for LINE Creators Market?
LINE Creators Market supports Mac and Windows OSes only. We recommend that you use the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer for your web browser. Tablet devices and smartphones are not supported. Please use LINE Creators Market from your computer.
Using LINE Creators Market in an environment other than the ones above may result in the inability to use various features. Please check your OS and browser type and version before using LINE Creators Market.
- Where do I find out about LINE updates?
- You can find out about updates from the Creators Market My Page from the Notices section. You can also go to the LINE app Settings > About LINE, or go to App Store or Google Play.
- How is the use of unauthorized content handled?
Content that are found to be infringing on rights will be suspended from sale. Please contact us using the business partnership proposal form
and select Sticker or theme rights infringement
next to Partnership category.
The service region and business partnership category will be automatically selected. Please fill in the form starting from the Title field.
- What is the process from sticker or theme submission to review?
The process from sticker or theme submission to review is as follows:
1. Click the New Submission button to go to the registration screen.
2. Enter the sticker or theme details to appear on LINE STORE, the Sticker Shop, or the Theme Shop.
Enter the sticker or theme title, description, creator's name, and copyright information necessary for selling your stickers or themes here.
Note: 12 languages are available for registration on LINE STORE. We recommend preparing translations of your text into the languages you wish to register for in advance.
3. Register your images.
Please upload 8, 16, 24, 32, or 40 sticker images (8, 16, or 24 for animated stickers), 1 main image, and 1 image for the sticker tab in LINE chats. For themes, you will need to upload, 3 main images and 50 images.
4. Go to the Account Settings page and make sure you have registered your Transfer Information.
5. Click Request to submit a review from LINE Creators Market.
Note: If you need to provide proof of licensing, please attach a license certificate and a URL where the original work can be confirmed.
- What does each review status mean?
The following statuses may appear in the list found on the Mange Items page.
Editing: The stickers or themes are currently being edited by the creator, and a review has not been requested.
Waiting for Review: The creator has submitted a review request and the stickers or themes have not been reviewed.
In Review: The stickers or themes are currently being reviewed by LINE Creators Market.
Rejected: The stickers or themes have been rejected because they did meet the review criteria. The creator will be able to edit the text information and the sticker or theme images.
Approved: The stickers or themes have passed the review. You can now release them for sale.
On Sale: The creator is currently selling the stickers or themes.
Release Stopped: The creator has currently stopped selling the stickers or themes.
Banned: Due to a problem with the stickers or themes, LINE Creators Market has removed them from sale.
- Can I edit text information or images for stickers and themes currently being reviewed?
- No. You cannot edit text information or images for stickers and themes currently being reviewed. Sticker and theme images can NOT be changed once they have gone on sale. However, text information can still be updated. You must submit them for review again in order to update the text information.
- What is the process for re-submitting stickers or themes rejected by the review?
If your stickers or themes are rejected because they did not meet the review criteria, you can re-submit them by following the steps below:
1. Click the list of rejected stickers or themes found on the Manage Items page.
2. Click the Message Center button on the right side of the Status section.
3. The reasons your stickers or themes were rejected can be found here. Please take this information into consideration when editing your stickers or themes.
- If your stickers or themes are rejected, a notice will be sent to the email address you registered with Creators Market.
- Double check to make sure the issues that caused your stickers or themes to be rejected have been fixed before re-uploading and submitting them.
- Do stickers and themes go on sale immediately after submitting them?
Every stickers and theme that is submitted must undergo a review process to make sure they meet the review criteria to go on sale. Stickers and themes can be sold once they have passed the review.
- How do I release approved stickers and themes for sale?
If the stickers or themes you have submitted for review have been approved, go to the Manage Items page to release them.
Your stickers and themes will not go on sale until you click the Release button in My Page.
Note: It may take a few hours for them to show up on LINE STORE, the Sticker Shop, and Theme Shop.
- A theme I started selling does not appear in the Theme Shop
If a user has a version of LINE older than when the creator submitted the theme for review, it will not appear in the Theme Shop for that user.
E.g. A creator submitted and started selling a theme with LINE version 5.9, however the theme will not appear for users on LINE version 5.8. Those users will be able to purchase the theme if they update the app to version 5.9.
- When and how will my money be transferred?
The process of receiving your transferable amount is as follows:
1. When you sell stickers or themes, you will receive a message containing confirmation of your sales revenue the following month.
Sales are calculated on the closing day at the end of every month, and the revenue share is determined around the 10th of the following month. After your revenue share is determined, you will receive a notification for it to your registered email address.
2. Confirm the Amount to be Transferred found on the Payment Request page and request your money transfer.
You will be able to click the Payment Request button and send in your request for payment if your total revenue share exceeds JPY 1,000. After you have submitted your application, please check the notice sent to your email address registered with LINE Creators Market.
Note: Total sales are calculated between the first and tenth of each month (Japan time). Creators cannot send a Payment Request during this time.
3. Payment will be transferred to your designated account.
The amount to be transferred will be sent to your designated account within 45 days of submitting your payment request. If transferring to a bank account, the associated remittance fee will be deducted at the time the transfer is made. In some cases, a foreign exchange fee may apply. A confirmation message will be sent to your registered email address once the transfer is complete.
- You cannot submit a payment request if your revenue share is less than JPY 1,000.
- The amount to be transferred will only be sent to your account if you submit a payment request. Your monthly revenue share will be carried over to the next month if you do not submit a payment request.
- Payment transfers will be deposited in the account that is saved under Transfer Information at the time a payment request is made. We will be unable to transfer your payment correctly if your transfer information is incorrect. Please check your information before submission.
- Where can I register my Transfer Information?
- Go to the Transfer Information tab under Account Settings to register your account details.
- I submitted my Individual Number, but the Payment Request button is still unavailable
It may take up to a week for Fujitsu to verify and post this information on LINE Creators Market.
We will send you notifications about the submission status of your Individual Number to your registered email address.
- Account types that can receive the Amount to be Transferred
The options available for money transfers vary depending on your country of residence.
For creators living in Japan:
Money transfers can be made to financial institutions, such as banks and credit unions located in Japan, and LINE Pay
. For information regarding LINE Pay's Terms and Conditions of Use, click here
For creators living in Thailand:
Creators living in Thailand can use a PayPal Premier or PayPal Business Account and Rabbit LINE Pay. For information regarding Rabbit LINE Pay's Terms and Conditions of Use, click here
For creators living outside of Japan and Thailand:
Creators may use either a PayPal Premier or PayPal Business account.
- PayPal Personal accounts cannot be used. Please contact PayPal for more information on the type of accounts they offer.
- Creators living in Japan cannot register a PayPal account. - If the amount to be transferred exceeds JPY 100,000 it cannot be sent out in one transfer.
- What currency is my Amount to be Transferred displayed in?
- The amount is displayed in Japanese Yen, no matter which country the Creator is registered in.
- How much are transfer fees? (Japan only)
A rate of JPY 540 will be charged for transfers to bank accounts.
There are no transfer fees to LINE Pay accounts.
Please note there is a fee of JPY 216 to withdraw money out of LINE Pay. This fee is waived until December 31 2015.
- With transfers using Rabbit LINE Pay, how much is the transfer fee?
There is no transfer fee when using Rabbit LINE Pay.
When making withdrawals from Rabbit LINE Pay, there is also no withdrawal fee (As of October 2016).
- (Creators outside Japan) Is there a fee charged for transfers made to PayPal accounts?
Yes. A remittance fee of 2% of the amount to be transferred (up to JPY 5,000) will be charged for transfers to PayPal accounts. A foreign exchange fee set by PayPal will also be charged if you wish to receive payment in a currency other than Japanese Yen.
- Why haven’t I received my revenue share from PayPal?
If your PayPal account is not set to receive payments in Japanese Yen, the revenue share will be sent back to LINE 30 days after the remittance date.
Please complete the settings using either of the steps below.
To receive payments in Japanese Yen
1. Log in to your account and select Profile > My financial info > and open PayPal balance.
2. Add Japanese Yen to the currencies.
To automatically receive payments in your local currency
1. Log in to your account and select Profile > My selling tools > and open Block payments.
2. In the “Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold” settings, select “Yes, accept them and convert them to my main currency.”
- To what type of accounts can I receive my revenue share?
Creators living in Japan
Money transfers can be made to financial institutions (banks and credit unions) located in Japan as well as LINE Pay
Creators living outside of Japan
Creators living outside of Japan may use either a PayPal Premier or PayPal Business account.
- PayPal Personal accounts cannot be used. For more information on the type of accounts offered by PayPal, please contact PayPal directly.
- Ensure that your PayPal account is able to accept payments in Japanese Yen.
- Creators living in Japan cannot use PayPal accounts to receive payment.
- Are there any countries or regions in which I cannot receive my revenue share?
If you live in a countries where PayPal is not supported, you will not be able to receive your revenue share.
Note: If you live in a country where PayPal is not supported, you will not be able to join LINE Creators Market.
- Will income tax be withheld?
As creators are exercising their copyright when selling stickers they have designed, this act is considered a taxable transaction under income tax withholding law.
The following is a summary of the taxation rates applied:
For creators residing in Japan with individual accounts
For payments of JPY 1 million or less = payment amount x 10.21%.
For payments exceeding JPY 1 million = (payment amount - JPY 1 million) x 20.42% + JPY 102,100.
For creators residing in Japan with corporate accounts
No tax (0%)
For creators residing outside Japan with individual or corporate accounts
Payments will be taxed at 20.42%, regardless of the amount.
Important: The payment amount is your revenue share BEFORE any applicable withholding taxes, money transfer fees, and/or foreign exchange fees are deducted. However, creators residing outside of Japan with individual or corporate accounts, whose country of residence has established a tax convention with Japan, may be able to receive a reduction or exemption for the amount of tax withheld, by submitting the "Application Form for Income Tax Convention" document.
- What is the Application Form for Income Tax Convention?
Tax conventions are treaties established between Japan (source of the income) and the country where the individual resides in order to avoid double taxation and tax evasion. If a company or individual residing in another country sells stickers through Japan (source of income), double taxation of that income can be avoided.
If a tax treaty has been established between your country of residence and Japan, the tax convention is applied by submitting two original Application Form for Income Tax Convention documents (with signatures) to LINE Creators Market. You may be able to receive a reduction or exemption for any income tax withheld in Japan.
- This PDF document is only available in Japanese. Please see from page 286 for a list of countries and related tax withholding rates.
- If your country does not have a tax treaty with Japan and you submit the application form, we will not be able to process your application.
Creators who reside in the United States, the United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, or Germany may receive an exemption for income tax withheld, but must also submit two copies of the Attachment Form for Limitation on Benefits Article, two copies of the Certificate of Residency document (Meldebescheinigung), as well as the Application Form for Income Tax Convention.
Note: The first document must be an original, and the second one may be a copy.
Example: Submitting your Application Form for Income Tax Convention forms
Creators who reside in Indonesia must pay income tax in Indonesia as well as pay a 20.42% withholding tax for LINE Creators Market sale proceeds in Japan. After submitting the Application Form for Income Tax Convention, the tax rate in Japan will be reduced to 10%.
- Can I sell my stickers without submitting the Application Form for Income Tax Convention?
Yes. You can sell your stickers without submitting the Application Form for Income Tax Convention.
Income tax is calculated based on the status of the Application Form for Income Tax Convention proceedings at the time the Payment Application is submitted. If you wish to receive a reduction or exemption for the amount of income tax due, please make sure your Application Form for Income Tax Convention has been processed before submitting your Payment Application.
Please note that only creators residing in a country that has established a tax convention with Japan may submit an Application Form for Income Tax Convention.